Director of Shaping Portsmouth & Chairman of Kudos Recruitment Group
Stef’s career has spanned 44 years so far with 37 of these working for IBM UK Ltd in a variety of Administration, Financial and Business Operational roles.
Stef left IBM in 2010 and worked for a start up venture, Virtustream Ltd, as their EMEA Director of Operations for one year before moving to Integritie UK Ltd as their Chief Operating Officer. Stef retired from this role in November 2015 with a view to putting his feet up !
Then along came a good friend, Russell Crowe, who asked Stef to get involved with the Kudos Recruitment Group which Russell owns and Stef is acting as Chairman in a part time capacity.
In July 2016 Stef started his latest role as the Director of the Shaping the Future of Portsmouth programme job sharing with Cheryl Buggy, and will take full control of the role in January 2017 as Cheryl moves onto her next assignment.
Stef was born in London but moved to Portsmouth in 1974 and has made this his home since then. Having been formally adopted as a local by all his
friends he however is still to rip his loyalty away from his second passion, ( his first being his family ), his support of Chelsea Football Club.
Stef is married to Liz and has four children, Alex,Natalie,Carol & Gemma. Also Stef enjoys running and for the past 29 years has run with the same person, Barry Wood, 2/3 times a week for around 5 miles each time. In addition to this Stef enjoys off road biking once a week with friends Geoff & Mick.
Although Stef was born in London he never forgets his family roots which lie jointly in Poland (father), and Northern Ireland, (Mother).
He is very passionate about helping to making Portsmouth a world class city with great Business facilities, Tourism venues, and a aspirational strategy for all it’s inhabitants. Stef formally believes Portsmouth is and will be one of the UK’s greatest cities to live and work in and his role now as Director of the Shaping Portsmouth programme will allow him to develop this vision.
As directors of Shaping, Stef:
- Meet regularly with
- Workstream chairs
- Business Leaders Advisory Group members
- Senior Portsmouth City Council staff
- The leader of the council
- The chair of Solent LEP
- The chair of Shaping Portsmouth.
- Oversee Shaping's workstreams
- Attend Shaping relevant events
- Attend workstream meetings on an ad hoc basis or when invited
- Manage Shaping staff
- Conduct audio interviews for website
- Oversee website content
- Oversee organisation of the annual Shaping conference
- Oversee production of annual report
- Write press releases when necessary
- Provide strategic direction for Shaping in line with City and business priorities.
Stuart was born in Germany while his father was serving in the British Army. After studying A-Levels in Computing, Philosophy & Ethics, English Language and German at Bradfield College, Berkshire, he attended the University of Birmingham and graduated with a BA (Hons) in Philosophy in 2008.
After graduating, Stuart returned to his gap-year job full time with the Midcounties Co-operative where he achieved the position of Deputy Store Manager. He has a long standing interest in voluntary and community activities, and has had voluntary experience in events planning and student advice and welfare.
Stuart moved to Portsmouth in January 2015, and has been working full time at Shaping Portsmouth since June 2015. He is the Workstream Co-Ordinator responsible for the operational running of the organisation.
As the Workstream Co-Ordinator of Shaping, Stuart:
- Attends Workstream meetings.
- Arranges in advance the yearly calendar for all meetings.
- Arranges meetings for all Shaping workstreams.
- Provides administrative support for all workstreams.
- Liaises with business leaders in order to complete actions arisen from meetings and complete Shaping Portsmouth actions.
- Raises and follow invoices or payment request.
- Organises Shaping events.
- Takes meeting notes where necessary.
- Provides support to Shaping workstreams to help deliver their projects.
Matt was born and grew up in Portsmouth, before leaving for university in Stafford where he received a BSc (Hons) in Digital Film, Animation & 3D Technology. After graduating in 2008, he moved back to Portsmouth.
In 2009, Matt started working at Express FM where he has produced, recorded and edited a radio soap set in Portsmouth, written and performed by local volunteers; was producer for both live and pre-recorded radio programmes; recorded and edited promos and adverts; created graphics for websites and promotional material; edited video for the station YouTube channel and managed content for the station website and social media.
Matt has been working at Shaping Portsmouth since July 2013 as Marketing Co-Ordinator.
As the Marketing Co-Ordinator of Shaping Matt:
- Manages the Shaping website, which includes:
- Uploading workstream meeting notes and other documents.
- Updating the website calendar with workstream meeting dates and other Shaping Portsmouth events.
- Uploading positive news stories and press releases.
- Managing opportunities boards listing job, apprenticeship and volunteering vacancies.
- Oversees the Shaping Portsmouth social media accounts.
- Creates weekly email newsletters of news and updates from the Shaping website, and circulates to Shaping Portsmouth's contacts.
- Creates and distributes any other email notifications, such as Calls to Action or event invitations.
- Monitors the Contact Us email account.
- Organises the annual Shaping Conference.
- Editing audio and video
- Graphic design